A highly qualified and experienced banker with an in-depth understanding of all aspects of banking obtained during a career lasting over 40 years, with excellent contacts throughout the City of London. Mr. Brigden’s experience also includes consultancy as a Banking expert witness specialising in domestic and international payments, internet banking fraud, and domestic and international securities markets. He is a member of numerous Trade Associations, Regulatory bodies (Bank of England, FCA and PSR) Banks and related organisations/industries, Software houses, Outsource providers and Solicitors/ Accountants.
- Operations management
- Capital markets operations
- Trade Finance
- Operational Risk
- IT software, networks & systems
- Project Management
- Credit Risk
- Correspondent Banking Relationships
- Retail Branch Banking
- Direct Sales & Marketing
- Property Administration
A strategic thinker keen to contribute towards an organisation's business strategy and risk management, identifying new business opportunities, systems, processes and procedures, which will make a difference, with extensive contacts in the industry:
Trade Associations, Regulatory bodies (Bank of England, FCA and PSR) Banks and related organisations/industries, Software houses, Outsource providers and Solicitors/ Accountants.
I also have extensive experience of event organisation having been in charge of the Association of Foreign Banks2-day International Banking Conference for over 10 years.
Iremit Global Remittance Limited
DirectorMay 2016 – Present
Providing management expertise to support their UK operations including compliance, property management/sourcing, general advice on all aspects of a PSP’s activities, assisting with banking relationships, liaising with our Trade Association (AUKPI) and assisting our Head Office in Manila
Expert Evidence Ltd ( www.expert-evidence.com )
ConsultantJune 2014 – Present
Providing consultancy as a Banking expert witness specialising in domestic and international payments, internet banking fraud, and domestic and international securities markets. Confidential details of cases processed can be provided on request.
NHB Consulting Limited
DirectorFebruary 2012 - 2014
2014 – Consultant examiner for the Institute of Financial Services – preparation of exam questions for International Trade Finance.
2013 – Management, governance advice and support for a Telecoms management company located in the North West.
2012 – A strategic IT review for a major London International Bank which produced a Board report and recommendations for the future. The recommendations were accepted and implemented.
Association of Foreign Banks (www.foreignbanks.org.uk)
ConsultantMarch 2012 -December 2018
- 2001 – 2018 Organisation of the AFB’s annual 2-day international Banking Conference until 2018
- 2014 - Completion of the Input to the FCA’s recommendations re the new Payments Regulator
- 2013 - Completion of the AFB’s response to HM Treasury proposals re the Payments Industry.
- 2012 - Finalisation of the AFB’s new website
- Representing the Association at various market wide technical banking committees (the Payments Council and the Bank of England FX joint Standing Committee Operations Sub Group)
- Attending Technical Committee meetings (Operations, HR, CFO’s, Risk, Operational Risk)
- Provision technical/legal advice and support to our membership
- Responsibility for the annual Association of Foreign Banks Two day International Banking Conference ( I have been doing this for over 10 years)
- Venue & facilities selection
- Raising sponsorship & arranging speakers
- Promotion & promotional materials
- Delegates – invitations
- Event management
- Responsibility for the launch and day to day management of the Association’s new website.
AFB Operations Committee
Chair2001 – 2013
Bank Leumi (UK) plc, London W1C 1BG ( www.bankleumi.co.uk )
Senior Vice President & Head of Operations- November 1983– February 2012 (28 years 4 months)
Responsible over the years for Information Technology, Trade Finance, Treasury Settlements, Securities Back Office, Capital Markets, Retail Back Office, Administration (Inc facilities and real estate), and Correspondent Banking.
A key senior member of the management team with responsibility for operational management and a keen eye on service levels and what needs to be developed to maintain a competitive edge, and responsible for the IT and Operations budget.
Key achievements and responsibilities included:
- Member of The Operations Risk Committee
- Represented the IT function at Board Committee meetings
- Development and introduction of systems for trade finance, CRM, single customer view, regulatory reporting, private banking, dealing room.
- Internet Banking
- Responsibility for the bank’s procedures
- Membership of CHAPs and Faster Payments
- Outsourcing of production of customer documentation (statements etc)
- Introduction of card services to customers
- The successful relocation of our London Office and opening and closure of branches
- Setting up of Bank Leumi (Jersey) Ltd (www.leumijersey.com)
- Setting of Leumi ABL Ltd (an asset-based lending subsidiary based in Brighton) (www.leumiabl.co.uk )
- Director of the nominee company.
- Director of the Pension Fund
Retired from Bank Leumi at the end of February 2012.